The main objective of the course is to learn how to coach groups of beginner players on your own in a club, school or centre under the guidance of a qualified coach.
On successful completion of the Level 2 course candidates should be able to:
- Create a motivating and enjoyable environment
- Organise competition for groups of beginners
- Lead tennis activity constructively and safely with groups of beginners
- Use effective verbal and non verbal communication skills with groups of beginners
Candidates MUST have the following:
• Be LTA Registered or have a DBS (formerly known as a CRB Enhanced Disclosure) through the LTA less than 12 months old before the start of the course. Applications can be made online at: www.lta.org.uk/dbs or alternativelt forms are available from your local LTA County Office.
• Hold a current HSE approved 'Emergency First Aid at Work' or 'First Aid at Work' certificate. Details of the First Aid Course run by UCoach can be found under 'Workshops'.
The Level 2 course is endorsed by the UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC) and successful candidates will receive a Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Tennis, awarded by 1st4sport. UCoach Level 2 courses are delivered nationwide, see the list of courses for a venue near you.
For any candidates keen to progress to their Level 3 qualification after completing their Level 2 please note the strict pre-requisites required before booking on, as well as the LTA DBS and First Aid Certificate, it is also a requirement to have a rating of 6.1 or better or a Play Test Grade 1.